Genting Highlands



Transportation in Malaysia is such a breeze. You can’t get lost. Signs and directions are always helpful. These are pictures taken at Raja Chulan Monorail Station and while inside the RapidKL.



Around 7:30 am, we arrived at Terminal Putra and immediately head to the ticketing booth of Genting Highlands. At 8:00 am, the booth opened. The original plan was to grab the Go Genting tickets and go to Batu Caves. While we were in line, we meet a fellow Filipino whose husband is working in Malaysia for the past 5 years. I mentioned to her that we’re going to Batu Caves first before Genting Highlands. She then told us never did it enter her mind to visit that place because she was warned. Her response intrigued my curiosity. I asked her why? Stories have been told regarding Batu Caves. That misfortune happened to people after going there. Some lost their job, children gets sick all the time and so forth. The supervisor at the ticketing office was late that day pending the release of our 9:30 am tickets. Call that a blessing in disguise? I don’t know but true or not, we didn’t push through with our plan.

Batu Caves embodies mystery like all caves do. There are elements I may never understand and you can call me coward but I’m not ready for that. I’m not in the position to judge the ways of the Hindu but I leave that place up to them. It’s their sacred ground.



Off to Genting Highlands. This experience is worth to remember. Probably because it was our first time to ride a cable car. I thought it would make “C” uncomfortable. Of course, I was a bit sacred myself but never did I show it to her nor gave a hint. Boy! That would be a panic mode for “C”. If she only knew. 



We decided to have the buffet at the Coffee Terrace instead of the Outdoor Theme Park because it was so cold outside and we were wearing shorts. Albeit I failed to take pictures of what we had for our main meal because we were too hungry and excited to try their sumptuous cuisine, I took the liberty of taking a snapshot at their desserts. After which, I got to taste everything. Desserts Galore!

Genting Highlands = FUN.



No comments:

Post a Comment